Universidade da Beira Interior - CICS
Faculdade de Ciências da Saúde
Universidade da Beira Interior
Av. Infante D. Henrique
Tel: +351 275 329 002/3
Fax: +351 275 329 099
- Bruker Avance III 400
- Bruker Avance III 600
UBI - CICS
Booking | Scheduling
Main Research Topics
Structure and Interactions
- The research is focused in the application of NMR techniques to study organic synthesis, development and identification of new pharmaceuticals and therapeutic targets, characterization of chromatography supports and interactions with biomolecules.
- Cruz C, Boto RE, Almeida P, Queiroz JA: Study of specific interaction between nucleotides and dye support by nuclear magnetic resonance. Journal of Molecular Recognition 2011; 6:975-80.
- Cruz C, Cabrita EJ, Queiroz JA: Screening nucleotide binding to amino acid-coated supports by surface plasmon resonance and nuclear magnetic resonance. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 2011; 3:983-93.
- Cruz C, Cabrita EJ, Queiroz JA: Analysis of nucleotides binding to chromatography supports provided by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Journal of Chromatography A 2011; 22:3559-64.
- Cruz C, Cairrao E, Lourenco O, Almeida P, Verde I, Queiroz JA: Polyazamacrocycles as potential antitumor agents for human prostate cancer cells. Chem Biol Drug Des 2013; 4:517-26.
- Cruz C, Santos SD, Cabrita EJ, Queiroz JA: Binding analysis between l-histidine immobilized and oligonucleotides by SPR and NMR. Int J Biol Macromol 2013; 175-180.
- Gaspar VM, Cruz C, Queiroz JA, Pichon C, Correia IJ, Sousa F: Sensitive detection of peptide-minicircle DNA interactions by surface plasmon resonance. Anal Chem 2013; 4:2304-11.
- Fonseca CP, Fonseca LL, Montezinho LP, Alves PM, Santos H, Castro MMC A, Geraldes CFGC: 23Na multiple quantum filtered NMR characterisation of Na+ binding and dynamics in animal cells: a comparative study and effect of Na+/Li+ competition. European Biophysics Journal 2013; 7:503-519.
- Cruz C, Boto RE, Drzazga AK, Almeida P, Queiroz JA: NMR screening of new carbocyanine dyes as ligands for affinity chromatography. J Mol Recognit 2014; 4:197-204.
- Rato L, Alves MG, Dias TR, Lopes G, Cavaco JE, Socorro S, Oliveira PF (2013) High-energy diets may induce a pre-diabetic state altering testicular glycolytic metabolic profile and male reproductive parameters. Andrology 1(3): 495–504. (DOI: 10.1111/j.2047-2927.2013.00071.x)
- Alves MG, Neuhaus-Oliveira A, Moreira PI, Socorro S, Oliveira PF (2013) Exposure to 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid alters glucose metabolism in immature rat Sertoli cells. Reprod. Toxicol. 38:81-88.
- Rocha CS, Martins AD, Rato L, Silva BM, Oliveira PF, Alves MG (2014) Melatonin alters the glycolytic profile of Sertoli cells: implications for male fertility. Mol. Hum. Reprod. 20(11): 1067-76 (DOI: 10.1093/molehr/gau080).
- Dias Oliveira PF (2015) Dose-dependent effects of caffeine in human Sertoli cells metabolism and oxidative profile. Toxicology 328C:12-20 (DOI: 10.1016/j.tox.2014.12.003).
- Alves MG, Martins AD, Teixeira Oliveira PF, Silva BM (2015) White tea consumption improves cardiac glycolytic and oxidative profile of prediabetic rats. Journal of Functional Foods. 14: 102–110 (DOI: 10.1016/j.jff.2015.01.019).